General Terms of Conditions
for the use of services covered by the CarAssist Platform
- The services provided by the Contractor of the CarAssist Platform shall include the collection of the car of the Contracting Entity from an address in Sofia, as indicated by the Contracting Entity, the towing away of the car to an auto repair shop or other locations providing automobile services, such as car maintenance, tyre changes, change of oils, car wash, refilling the airconditioning unit of the car, roadworthiness test, and other car services, as indicated by the Contracting Entity, and the return of the car to an indicated by the Entity address within the boundaries of the City of Sofia.
- The Contractor does not provide the core car services of technical maintenance, change of tyres, change of oils, washing up, refilling the airconditioner, roadworthiness test, as well as other car services, as specified by the Contracting Entity. These services are provided by the auto repair shops, recommended by the Contractor (a trustworthy repair shop), or other carshop specified by the Contracting Entity. The Contractor will not be held responsible for the quality of the rendered car repairs, submitted claims, guarantees and other activities related to the servicing of cars and provided by the auto repair shops. The responsibility for the offered carservices and used spare parts, accessories, consumables and other materials, lies entirely with the repair shops. The Contractor may provide additional guarantees for the repairs carried out, if they are included in each specific contract.
- The car will be delivered for collection at a place and time indicated by the Contracting Entity and the contact points stated as his contacts, the hour and day of collection being agreed upon verbally, in writing or through the electronic mail.
- When handing over the car, the Contracting Entity fills in and signs a take-over protocole with the representative of CarAssist, in a form laid down by the Contractor. If the Contracting Entity does not fill in and sign the take-over protocole in the form laid down by the Contractor, the Contractor does not owe a service to the Contracting Entity while at the same time the Contracting Entity is under the obligation to cover the full price of the rquested service for the towing of the car, regardless of the fact that it has not been made available to the Contractor.
- Following the hand over of the car, the Contractor will deliver it to the respective repair shop for the provision of services requested by the Contracting Entity.
- Following the hand over of the car to the relevant repair shop, representatives of the shop will inspect the car. In case the requested service does not have a fixed price or should any additional repairs or servicing be required, the repair shop will present the relative information to the Contractor and the Contractor in turn will get in touch with the Contracting Entity and forward it the estimate for the respective car services, as well as the price of the needed spare parts, consumables, accessories and other materials. The Contracting Entity has the right to accept or refuse the offer, bearing in mind that the refusal of a particular service does not free him from the obligation to pay for the provided services with fixed prices, or the services with prices, determined by Contractor. If the Contracting Entity confirms the estimate of the repair shop, including through the electronic mail or by telephone, an obligation arises for the Contracting Entity to pay for these services, as well as for the price of the necessary parts, consumables, accessories and other materials included in the offer.
- After the car services are provided, the Contractor will return the car to the Contracting Entity at an address indicated by him. The Contracting Entity has the duty to be present at the agreed location and time, to collect the car. If not, the Contractor will return the car at another time depending on his abilities to deliver. In this case the Contractor is entitled to a full remuneration for the towing of the car and owes nothing to the Contracting Entity. The Contracting Entity on the other hand, owes payments for all provided services.
- The time limit for the provision of the car services and the deadline for the return of the car to the Contracting Entity depend on the respective car shop providing the service. The Contractor will not be held responsible for delays in rendering the services by the respective repair shop leading to delays in the return of the car to the Contracting Entity. In such cases the Contractor is entitled to a full renumeration for provided towing services and does not owe to the Contracting Entity any payment rebates, reductions or benefits. The Contracting Entity is liable for all costs of rendered car services.
- When returning the car The Contracting Entity fills in and signs a take-over protocole, and has the right to recover the power of attorney issued to the person entrusted with the car on behalf of the Contractor. Should the Contracting Entity choose not to fill in and sign the take-over protocole, in the form laid down by the Contractor, the Contractor may refuse to hand over the car and demand that a witness or witnesses be present at the transfer, or the securing of other conditions for the return of the car. In this case the Contractor is entitiled to a full renumeration for the towing services and does not owe to the Contracting Entity any rebates, reductions or benefits. The Contracting Entity must also cover the costs of all car services.
- The return and acceptance of cars is done at the address indicated by the Contracting Entity.
- When the amount of fuel in the car is insufficient for its transportation to the relative repair shop and its subsequent return to the Contracting Entity, the Contractor has the right to refuel with the required amount of fuel at the expense of the Contracting Entity at a petrol station chosen by the Contractor. With the handing over of the car it will be considered that the Contracting Entity has formally authorized the Contractor to fill up the required fuel at the expense of the Contracting Entity and is liable to cover its cost upon return of the car.
- The car is returned personally to the Contracting Entity unless the Contracting Entity has not empowered another person in writng to receive the car.
- In case an error has been made in the given address as result of which the Contracting Entity could not be found, the Contractor will get in touch with the Contracting Entity to clarify the address while the visit to the wrongly or incorrectly given address by the Contracting Entity will be paid for additionally and in full as a separately provided complete service. In this case, the Contracting Entity is under the obligation to cover the costs and expenses of the Contractor for the storage and retention of the car until the date of return of the Contracting Entity.
- If the Contracting Entity is not found at the hour of acceptance or return of the car at the address specified by him, or no other conditions are provided for the acceptance or the return of the car, the Contractor is relieved from the obligation to provide the ordered service while at the same time the Contracting Entity owes to the Contractor a full payment for the service of repatriating the car and other car services if they were provided. In this case the Contracting Entity must cover the costs and expenses of the Contractor for the safekeeping of the car until the date of its return to the Contracting Entity, if there is one.
- The Contracting Entity may confirm his intention to receive a Service and to hand over the car to the Cotractor at a later hour if the car was not handed over at the appointed hour. If it has not been done due to circumstances beyond the Contractor’s control, the Contracting Entity is obliged to pay a second time for the service. In this case a new term of delivery will begin to run and the Contracting Entity will be obliged to cover the costs and expenses of the Contractor, connected to the safekeeping of the car, until the date of its return to the Contracting Entity, if there is one.
- In cases of delayed receipt or handover of the car for which the Contractor is responsible, the Contractor may propose to the Contracting Entity a price discount or other forms of compensation.
- The ownership rights on all wares, including the incorporated spare parts, consumables, accessories and other materials, are transferred to the Contracting Entity after their costs are paid. Until that time they are considered to be the property of the relevant repair shop.
- The Contractor may refuse to return the car should the Contracting Entity refuse to pay for the rendered services, the petrol, the car repairs and or the used spare parts, consumables, accessories and other materials. In this case, he would return the car following settlement of all sums owed by the Contracting Entity, while at the same time the Contractor does not owe him any rebates, reductions or compensations. When the Contractor had visited the address of the Contracting Entity for a second time, following the refusal of the Contracting Entity to pay in full or in part the sums owed by him, the Contracting Entity owes payments for the second transportation of the car as well as for the costs and expenses of the Contractor for the safekeeping and maintenance of the car until the date of its return to the Contracting Entity.
- The Contractor will not be held responsible for the car services, the incorporated spare parts, consumables, accessories and other materials. For those car services and materials the responsibility lies entirely with the repair shops and the repair shops will provide the relevant guarantees.
The General Conditions have been updated for the last time on 17th April 2020